The Olympics 2016 start in 16 days, so which athletes are Britain banking on to bring home the gold? We've done the research for you, here are our top 5 ones to watch in Rio.
1. Katarina Johnson-Thompson, Athletics Heptathlon. Former champion Jessica Ennis-Hill is competing in Rio but the odds are on Katarina to win the gold. In the London games she finished 15th, and her times have only gone from strength to strength since then.
2. Nicola Adams, Boxing Flyweight. In 2012 Nicola made history by being the first woman to win an Olympic gold medal in boxing. Her success at the Commonwealth games and the Inaugural European Games mean that she is likely to keep her place at the top this year.
3. Adam Peaty, Swimming 50m and 100m breaststroke. Peaty won two Commonwealth and four European titles as a teenager, now he's entered the senior ranks we have high hopes.
4. Jack Laugher, Diving 3m Springboard. He has been the standout 3m springboard performer this year having had success at the Commonwealth and World Championships. Our fingers are crossed for this 20 year old.
5. Charlotte Dujardin, Equestrian Dressing. She won gold for the team in 2012 as well as gold in the individual competition. In Rio they should be just as unbeatable!
2012 Anniversary Games
The London Anniversary Games will be held on July 22nd and 23rd to celebrate the games. Former champions like Jessica Ennis-Hall, Mo Farah, Usain Bolt and Diana Asher-Smith will compete.
Ennis-Hill comment on the anniversary games stating "I have been very selective about my competitions but due to the very strong field in the 100m hurdles in London my coach and myself felt it was good to have a fast race before heading to the training camp for rio".
Photo Credit: Telegraph, Pinterest, Vogue
Like this post? Hit the heart to save it to your profile