For every golden tanned goddess this summer, there is a pale princess in the corner being compared, rather hilariously we might add, to Jenny Humphrey. Sorry Taylor, that really is bad
The Met Ball this year was full of ALT beauty looks, which given the theme made perfect sense, but we think this trend is likely to carry on into the summer as well. A we all love a summer goth.
Here's the top trends to watch out for....
1. Dark Lips: Katy Perry & Taylor Swift ironically both championed the gothic look at the Met Ball shooting berry and black shades right to the top of the style charts for summer.
2. Go For Gold: Festival season is almost upon us, so mass amounts of glitter is expected. However, gold eyebrows, eyelashes, and lips- this is very new and we like, a lot.
3. Wet Look Hair: Throwback to the 80s right here! Alexa Chung looked fab with messy, slicked back hair at the Met Ball. The epitome of not giving a f**k and consequently being so damn cool.
4. Pale Brows: Lady Gaga has been rocking this look for a while now, but other celebs are getting in on the look. Slightly terrifying if you are dark haired, we like anything a little bit odd and this is definitely a love or loathe sort of look.
5. Heavy Metallics: First seen on the runway and now on Kristen Stewart, metallics are often kept for the festive season, however hot metal shades are on fire right now. We approve.
Photo Credit: Tumblr
Like this post? Hit the heart to save to your profile for later.