1. Facebook is full of people you went to Secondary School with travelling the world, while you're just sat their like 'cool, what shall I have for dinner tonight...'.
2. And then there's the engagement/wedding posts and baby photos, we're not sure what's worse?
3. It takes 20 minutes of patience and the right lighting to make sure you captured your meal in the most Instagrammable way possible…but it still looks kind of sh*t (and now your meal is cold).
4. 400 second Snapchat stories are NOT acceptable, especially on a night out. Stop waving your drink in the air like you just don’t care, because we truly don’t care.
5. Stop sending Snapchat's with that annoying dog filter, you look like a twat and it's just not that cute (even though it gives the most fabulous airbrushed skin, dammit).
6. Those dreaded two words - 'Storage Full', I mean come on iPhone surely Passbook, Compass & iBooks are NOT necessary?!
7. When someone uploads a #NOFILTER selfie, but you know they actually edited it on 5 different apps…if this isn't a DON'T we're not sure what is.
8. You spend half your evenings looking forward to the influx of relatable memes your friends are about to tag you in 'OMG this is SO us' (you need to follow The Fat Jewish if you already don’t).
9. Scrolling through your Instagram feed on a Saturday night full of people with a social life, while you’re sat at home with a pack of Oreo’s deciding which Netflix series to embark on next.
10. You're 46 weeks into someone's Instagram and you just accidentally liked a photo so you panic...is it too late to unlike the photo? will they have already seen it? SO-MUCH-PRESSURE.
11. Your family follow your Social Media accounts so you have to pretend you're actually a respectable human being </3
12. Your mum has a cooler Instagram than you.
13. ...Your mum has more Instagram followers than you (now THAT is a shame).
14. Keep the hashtags to a minimum, realistically I don't think anyone searches the term #EverythingOnFleek, do they?
15. But above all, have FUN with it! Be grateful that we weren’t the generation who had to grow up in a world full of filters!
Scroll left to see some of our favourite Social memes and shop the Insta-ready edit below!
Photo Credit: Pinterest, Instagram.com/TheFatJewish
Like this post? Hit the heart to save it to your profile for later!