With just 3 days to go until London Fashion Week SS16, we're well and truly on the countdown now!
After a collective 'WTF' when the British Fashion Council announced LFW would decamp from Somerset House to The Soho Car Park, will they be able to pull off the transition in time? Well, here's more on the venue and other things to expect from this season...
1. It's ALL Change: New venue, new principle sponsor, this year will certainly be different! Gone is the grandeur of Somerset House, as LFW up sticks to a car park in Soho to make the shows more centralised. Also gone is Vodafone to be replaced by Sunglass Hut. We've heard whispers that the design man between Alexander McQueen and Jimmy Choo has been hired to oversee the construction of the catwalk space and rumour has it... its incredible.
2. Venus joins LFW line-up: We did a little fist pump when this news was announced on Friday! It marks the first show for Creative Director Anthony Vaccarello since he joined the brand in January. We literally cannot wait!
3. Nine NEWGEN recipients will show at LFW: Ashley Williams, Faustine Steinmetz and 1205 are amongst those lucky designers getting catwalk or presentation sponsorship from Topshop.
4. Mulberry 2.0?: Hill & Friends join the line-up this year and we're more than just a little bit excited to see what Emma Hill (former CD of Mulberry and responsible for the Alexa FYI) will present!
5. Minnie Mouse will be on display: First revealed back in April, Georgia May Jagger has been styled like the iconic mouse in pictures that will go on display at LFW to celebrate the Disney character.
Photo Credit: WWD
Video Credit: Erdem
Like this post? Hit the heart to save to your profile for later.