There’s something gloriously understated about men’s fashion week in the capital. No over the top fanfare, just incredible shows, a good smattering of celebrities and brilliant parties.
One of the highlights of London Collections: Men is Belstaff- enjoying something of a renaissance in the past five years thanks to in part, Benedict Cumberbatch’s Sherlock favouring them and a whole host of celeb fans- Dermot O'Leary, David Gandy and Labrinth to name but a few!
Here’s five things we learned from Belstaff for next season…
1. The arctic is coming: Many a male model was wrapped up in oversized jackets, roll necks, and furry hoods. Clearly they are predicting a cold winter this 2016.
2. Learn to love PVC: Waterproof warmers are what it’s all about for AW16.
3. The Michelin Man is your new icon: Puffas are back, which means you can keep warm without looking like an idiot. Hell yes.
4. It’s all about the accessories: This season showed how versatile Belstaff are- showing gloves, mittens, backpacks and cashmere scarfs.
5. Look to the past: It’s just been announced that Sir Ranulph Fiennes will be the new face of Belstaff. The famous writer and explorer has been shot by Rankin and will appear in the press on Jan 25. Well played, Belstaff.
Photo Credit: Belstaff/WWD/ TheFashionisto
Like this post? Hit the heart to save to your profile for later.