There’s nothing quite like popping on a comfy beanie as you head out into the cold weather.
Of course, it’s usually too warm to keep the hat on once you’re inside - which often means you get stuck with the dreaded, flat-and-indented hat hair.
The best way to stop hat hair is by making sure your hair is completely dry before you put on your hat, to prevent it from locking in the hat indentation.
Other tips for stopping hat hair include:
- Using a lightweight mousse or spray instead of heavy hair products so you can easily reshape your hair if needed.
- Using hairspray on your roots most susceptible to getting squished in order to give it a reinforced lift.
- Opting for a hat-friendly hairstyle such as sleek, flat, straightened hair.
- Choosing a hair-friendly, soft and roomy hat such as Fedoras, cloche hats and large beanies.
- Scrunching up styled hair into your hat in a loose bun (secured with hair grips) which you can release once your hat is off.