Much of Christmas is centred around the dinner table, so spending the extra effort to lay the perfect Christmas dinner table can go a long way to making your guests feel special.
Below are our top tips and tricks on how to lay the perfect Christmas dinner table:
1. Wash and iron your tablecloth and/or runner to make it look crisp and fresh. Place the runner along the centre of the table.
2. Use gold or silver base plates (also known as charger plates) for a Chrismassy feel. On top of this, place your main course plate and then your starter plate.
3. Match your cutlery to your base plate. For a formal but simple dinner, work from the outside in: place the starter knife and fork on the outside, the main meal knife and fork closest to the plate, and the dessert spoon on the outermost right side.
4. If you’re providing a choice of wine, make sure to provide separate glasses for red and white wine, and another for water. Feel free to use the water glass to add colour to the table.
5. Roll or fold the napkin (with optional napkin ring) and place it on top of the plates.
6. Place a Christmas cracker for each guest on one side of the plate. Try to find crackers that match the colour scheme of the rest of your table.
7. Make party favours out of the place cards. Use the colour scheme for inspiration and add chocolates and sweets to make it special.
8. Spend a little extra time making the centrepiece. While you can use the turkey as the centrepiece, more enduring ideas include candles and candle holders, Christmas foliage, vases with flowers and twigs, and bowls of polished winter vegetables.
Photo Credit: Pinterest