Can't stand the thought of being cooped up indoors but get nervous eating out alone? For some, eating out and going about their day alone comes second nature to them. After all, who doesn't need to be in their own company from time to time? But for others, the struggle is REAL.
Here are 5 ways you can beat anxiety from eating out alone, with a good old dose of tough love from us!
1) Stop thinking everyone around you is staring at you or wondering why you're alone. Even if it's clear you're eating out solo, it's highly unlikely those who've spotted you think you're a loser. Unless they're bored AF and are losers themselves, they're most likely just going about their day exactly like you are!
2) Use this opportunity to collect your thoughts; organise your week, decide what you'll dress up as for Halloween this year, people watch, or simply daydream! Revel in this quote from Winnie the Pooh: Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits.
3) Savour your food. Eating alone at home can be standard practice but given you won't necessarily be thumbing through a magazine or playing on your phone, it makes sense to take advantage of the rarity that is enjoying a dish you A) Didn't have to make and B) Picked out of all the other items in the menu because, DELICIOUS.
4) Enjoy feeling like you're a real grown up. Not that you aren't a real grown up already but eating out alone is something we see adults do on a regular basis. They exude confidence and apathy at sitting alone at a table and really seem like they have their sh*t together. You too can play Grown Up!
5) Dress up. It's your prerogative to look however and wear whatever you want when you're in your own company but if you still find the idea of eating out alone iffy, you can always fall back on a super cute outfit to project confidence!
Follow us on Instagram HERE for bite size style inspo!