Miss Vogue caught up with Mario Dedivanovic, the Kardashian-Jenner family’s make-up artist, to learn how to contour.
Below are the top tips from the man who inspired the contouring revolution:
- Use a curved brush as it perfectly fits the shape of your cheekbones and jawline, making it easier to follow the natural lines of your face.
- Don’t use shimmery highlighters for daytime contours - save the sparkle for evenings and nights out.
- Combine different shades of blusher to create dimension, and concentrate on the apples of your cheeks.
- Don’t over-blend as this can erase all your contouring efforts. Instead, blend only until the edges of your contour lines are removed.
- Do the duck face and really suck in your cheeks to figure out where to put shadows.
- Don’t try to go for extreme contouring on your first go. Start with a little bit of product and build it up gradually as you get more skilled.
- Contouring can take anything from 15 minutes to three hours depending on the circumstances so don’t worry about how long it might take you.