You wouldn’t be the first to get a serious case of YouTube-envy when watching a beauty, fashion or lifestyle vlogger.
If your envy is turning into a strong desire to get some of that YouTube pie for yourself, don’t forget these top tips on how to become a successful vlogger:
1. Be consistent: Audiences are comforted by consistency, including the way you edit your videos, the type of music you use, the day and how often you post, the focus of your videos, and your overall message.
2. Look into the camera: Keep your audience’s attention and make them feel like you’re talking directly to them by looking into the camera lens (and not at the screen).
3. Think about your setting: Keep a clean background with no distractions (and no messy room) so your audience is fully focused on you. Having a soft-focus background works great for this.
4. Be positive: People love to come back to vloggers that make them feel good about themselves. Your content and what you have to say are key for this, but mentally staying positive and having a positive vibe also gives an instant thumbs-up in the hearts of audiences.
5. Plan your script: Think about what you have to say, write it down if you need to, and stick to it. Feel free to edit as much as you need to, particularly if you find yourself going off on a tangent.
6. Keep going!
: Stay true to yourself while taking on constructive criticism and it won’t matter if one of your videos doesn’t do as well as the others or if you get trollish, negative comments.
Photo Credit: Pinterest