Halloween is nearly here, so join us as we pick the top 6 songs you need to have on your playlist for the year's spookiest evening...
1. Thriller: Michael Jackson- Over 30 years old and still the best music video out there by a long way thanks to its killer concept, catchy tune oh and Michael's signature moves.
2. Everybody: The Backstreet Boys- We're so glad these guys are back in business (performing at the H&M x Balmain party FYI) because they were our fave band of the 90s. This song is a party classic- who doesn't know all the dance moves?
3. Timewarp: The Rocky Horror Picture Show- Completely bonkers, this film has a loyal cult following who embrace dressing up like Dr. Frank-N-Furter and co. every Halloween. Timewarp is one of those songs you sing and dance to when you're really drunk and think you look amazing. (Spoiler- you don't).
4. I Put A Spell On You: Screamin' Jay Hawkins- There has been many versions over the years, but this sharp, spooky version is by far the best. Special mention to Winifred Sanderson's impromptu version in Hocus Pocus, however- legendary.
5. Heads Will Roll: Yeah Yeah Yeahs- OK so not traditionally spooky, but there's something about heads rolling and the slick electro beat that will have you bopping away this Halloween.
6. This is Halloween: The Nightmare Before Christmas- A film with an incredible soundtrack to match? A rare find indeed. Danny Elfman's brilliant score will have you hooked from start to finish.
Photo Credit: Tumblr
Video Credit: Youtube
Got any other faves you would like us to add? Comment below and let us know!