Today marks the day Leonardo DiCaprio has been nominated for an Academy Award for his dope acting skills for the fifth time around. Previously, he's lost out to Tommy Lee Jones, Jamie Foxx, Forest Whitaker and Matthew McConaughey (yes, we've seen the reaction memes).
Here are 10 reasons why Leo deserves an Oscar this year...
1) Even Mel Gibson has won an Oscar.
2) He outdoes Tom Hardy at being "hard." We can't wait to watch The Revenant to see him fight a bear, survive to tell the tale and hunt down Hardy's character to give him a good ol' pummelling for leaving him for dead.
3) 'Cause he broods like no-one else. Plus, who wouldn't get lost in those piercing blue eyes of his?
4) '90s Leo is the epitome of cool.
5) Because he let Rose have the door. Watching the scene will undoubtedly have us all in tears, so scroll through our gallery to watch him showing Kate Winslet a good time - no, not THAT scene!
6) Because Leo in Romeo + Juliet totally isn't on the rebound (Rosaline who?!); he fell in love with Claire Danes' Juliet from the moment he spotted her through that giant fish tank when he crashed her party.
7) He's not afraid to get on his hands and knees...and grovel. Like when Jordan Belfort's been a naughty boy in The Wolf Of Wall Street...
8) He could totally pass as an airline pilot, or secret service agent, or Doctor, just like he pretended to do in Catch Me If You Can.
9) Even in throwback pictures, Leo exudes sex appeal. Like, he's the boy-next-door type you dreamed of having as your first boyfriend.
10) Seriously, who could say no to Leo's adorable baby face?!
Business Insider, Popsugar, Tumblr, Twitter
Video Credit: 20th Century Fox UK, Movieclips, ThatShoTime TVMovieClips,
Like this post? Hit the heart to save to your profile for later