Today, Angelina Jolie turns 40! With a career spanning 3 decades, 3 Golden Globe Awards, 1 Academy Award, 3 marriages, 6 children and accolades for humanitarian work, we think Angelina deserves a lot more than simply offhand comments about her "hot bod"!
Scroll right to view our Angelina timeline and WATCH her Best Villain acceptance speech at the Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards earlier this year.
+ Shop below to steal her style!
Here are 10 reasons we're crazy about Angelina...
1) Before her film career really took off, Angelina modelled for brands such as Debenhams and Miss Selfridge
2) She's a former wild child. With her marriage to Jonny Lee Miller ending in 1999, it wasn't long before Angelina tied the knot with Billy Bob Thornton who was 20 years her senior. Wearing each others' blood in vials around their necks - their relationship was indeed an interesting one indeed!
3) Angelina is well known for her humanitarian work; winning a Glamour Inspiration Award and a United Nations Correspondents Association's Sergio Viera de Mello Citizen of the World Award among many others.
4) Her standout performances in films such as Girl, Interrupted, A Mighty Heart and Changeling.
5) The fact Angelina totally kicked butt as Lara Croft (Tomb Raider), Jane Smith (Mr. & Mrs. Smith), Evelyn Salt (Salt) and Maleficent (in well, Maleficent).
6) She's a mother of 6! She and husband Brad Pitt (who has jokingly referred to himself as Mr. Mom) are raising Maddox, Pax, Zahara, Shiloh, Knox and Vivienne together.
7) Angelina underwent a preventative double masectomy in 2013 and a preventative oophorectamy in 2015 after learning she had the BRCA1 gene and showed possible signs of early ovarian cancer. Going public with her choice to have these procedures, she encourages women everywhere to get tested.
8) Marrying Brad Pitt only last year after 9 years together, the couple have gone on record as saying they would not tie the knot until "everyone else in the country who wants to be married is legally able."
9) Her directional work for A Place in Time, In the Land of Blood and Honey and Unbroken told powerful stories.
10) It has to be said...she's got a hot bod.
Photo Credit: Instyle, Tumblr, Daily Mail, Conde Nast
Video Credit: Entertainment Tonight
Like this post? Hit the heart to save to your profile for later