The awards season is upon us once again, and the Golden Globes kicked it off last night with plenty of laughs (thanks to, and in spite of, Ricky Gervais), amazing red carpet outfits and some surprising winners/winners speeches!
Here's our best bits...
1. The top spot for most memorable moment this year has to go to Leo DiCaprio V Lady Gaga - his reaction (what was he laughing about?) when Lady Gaga won for American Horror Story: The Hotel is going to go down in Golden Globe history as one of the most viral-worthy moments ever!
2. Host Ricky Gervais, who mocked pretty much everything he could think of, including the Catholic church, Roman Polanski, Bill Crosby, Caitlyn Jenner, Mel Gibson and Donald Trump. But, probably the best moments were his endless jibes at Jennifer Lawrence, particularly about her recent call for equal pay for women.
3. Jennifer Lawrence won Best Actress for Joy, but there were mixed reactions to JLaw interrupting a reporter for reading off his phone during her backstage interview. “You can’t live your whole life behind your phone, bro”, she said, wagging her finger at the reporter.
4. Eva Longoria and America Ferrera humorously highlighted the racism faced by Latin American stars, introducing themselves as: “Hi, I’m Eva Longoria, not Eva Mendes”, “And hi, I’m America Ferrera, not Gina Rodriguez.” The two proceeded to misname each other, calling each other Salma (Hayek) and Charo.
5. Leonardo DiCaprio won the Best Actor award for The Revenant - giving us high hopes that he might actually win an Oscar this year! After thanking the director, cast, crew and loved ones, Leo finished his acceptance speech with an impassioned call to recognise and protect the First Nations people represented in the film.
Photo Credits: Just Jared/ The Standard
Video Credits: YouTube/ODE/NBC
Like this post? Hit the heart to save to your profile for later.