A girls night out can be truly magical. Much like the nights out in classic noughties chick flicks- think The Sweetest Thing and How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days- you never know just what will happen or who'll you'll meet when you're having a good time with your girlfriends.
On the other hand, there'll be times when despite meeting your [potential] Prince Charming, one or several of your girl gang may inadvertently prevent the sparks from fulling flying. Just to clarify whether you yourself may or may not have gotten in the way of true love or lust, here are some signs you're a major party cock block and seriously need to step up your wing girl game!
1) You're a bad drunk. You may not be a sad drunk but the overwhelming desire to be physically affectionate with all those you set eyes on- cuddles, anyone?- and teetering about in your stilettos doesn't make for a very good case when you assure your bestie she's cool to go home with a handsome stranger.
2) You don't mind when a few members of your squad are getting drinks bought for them and making polite small talk with "generous" gentleman but then again, you've had a shitty day/week/month and this is YOUR time. You desperately need to vent and even though you know it's selfish to demand 110% of your friends' attention for the 3rd night running, you see them not listening to you as major friendship fail.
3) You're always accidentally-on-purpose interrupting conversations between your friends and promising-looking men. Seeing someone animatedly talking away always piques your curiosity, so you head on over and start chipping in your two cents- you just can't help it!
4) On the other hand, you may have a habit of being too keen; none of your friends need you to sidle up and tell them and a stranger they'd make a really attractive coupe or would have super cute kids. WAY TOO SOON.
5) You see that your friend is enjoying herself with a special someone but you can't stomach the idea of being the only one not making any progress. You force your way onto the dance floor where you see them whispering to one another and purposefully encroach upon their space so you don't have to sit around with no-one to pay you compliments.
6) You and your friend both like the look of the same guy but he appears way more interested in your bestie. His friend, on the other hand, is paying a lot of attention to you and you refuse to humor him with chit chat just so you friend can enjoy her flirtation with Hottie #1. Don't be a killjoy- your time will come.
7) Your BFF's "type" may be far from what you'd consider smokin' hot but keep in mind that just 'cause he may not be your cup of tea, it doesn't mean he isn't a good one! If your pal's giving the man across the bar doe eyes, don't be patronising towards him when he wanders over to say hello. Clearly, she wants some of that- so let her have it. Plz. Also, don't forget that karma can be a real b*tch.
Follow us on Instagram HERE for bite size style inspo!