There are icons and then there are fashion icons. Audrey Hepburn definitely falls into the latter category in our view!
To mark what would have been her 87th birthday today, here's 5 trends Audrey totally owned...
1. Power Brows: Cara may well be the modern aspiration, but we all know who pioneered the big brow look and made them popular in the first place. As Wendy would say, 'Take several seats', pretenders.
2. Statement Sunnies: Paired with an equally statement hat or two, Audrey knows the importance of oversized sunglasses to complete a look. It's a style every A-to-Z lister has adopted in the last few decades, yet somehow Kim K doesn't even begin to compare to our Audrey.
3. The Black Dress: Long, short- this Givenchy muse paved the way for the black dress to become an icon in its own right.
4. The Boy Waif Look: Cropped capris and ballet pumps- genius! We're such fans of this combo that even half a centuary on we're still finding new ways to rock the look.
5. Hair Bling: OK so this one is pretty much reserved for die-hard Breakfast at Tiffany's fans, but nonetheless, who else could work a mini tiara in their beehive with such elegance other than Audrey? We rest our case.
Love Audrey's style? Shop our fashion essentials below and scroll through our gallery above of our fave Audrey looks...
Photo Credit: Pinterest
Like this post? Hit the heart to save to your profile for later.