London Fashion Week kicks off today with its showing for SS16 and we are getting giddy at the thought of it here at Shopcade HQ.
Sure, it's 5 days of little sleep, surviving on coffee and pro plus with blisters the size of melons on your feet, but it's fashion week... no pain, no gain and I'm nothing if not realistic about the highs and lows!
Here's our guide to the 5 shows to watch out for this season...
1. Burberry Prorsum: The hottest ticket in town with good reason; a killer FROW, the hottest models and a collection which can spark a global trend. Need we mention the blanket cape?
2. Versus: Announced in January, this is one of the most anticipated debuts at this season's fashion week. Expect a major FROW, plenty of flesh on show and some turns from some famous faces on the runway.
3. Topshop Unique: Kendall Jenner, Cara Delevingne, Alexa Chung and Jourdan Dunn sat FROW in Feb and the show brought social and London to a standstill. This season you will be able to shop the FROW the day after. Nothing like catwalk to closet in one swift move.
4. Hunter: After an exceptionally beautiful and dramatic showing from Creative Director Alasdhair Willis (Stella McCartney's hubby no less) in February, expect a lighter, more playful vibe for their SS16 offering. After all, the great British weather ensures we need wellies all year round!
5. Ashish: A must for true fashion rebels; every season this becomes more of an event rather than just a show. Last season he brought out everyone's animalistic side- plenty of fur and sequins, with a healthy dose of sex. How does one follow that? Well, we don't have long to wait until we find out!
Following NYFW? Check out our US coverage of all the top shows and get all the gossip from backstage here
Photo Credit: Pinterest, Instagram
Like this post? Hit the heart to save to your profile for later.