A reunion tour is planned later this year, (sans Posh because well, she's Victoria Beckham now), so to get you in the nostalgic mood, here's 20 times The Spice Girls totally defied your expectations... (hey they weren't the biggest girl group in the world for nothing!)
1. When they signed with Virgin, Posh took off her knickers and threw them out of the taxi.
2. Wannabe was written in just 20 minutes.
3. They asked Tony Blair to be in the Wannabe video. He sadly declined.
4. Emma passed out from sunstroke whilst filming Say You'll Be There, yet still continued filming!
5. They sacked Simon Fuller (AKA the 'other Simon') to regain artistic control in 1997.
6. Mel B once stole toilet rolls from Nelson Mandela's house.
7. The Viva Forever video was only animated because the group had no time to film it.
8. Geri pinched Prince Charles' bum at the Royal Variety Show. Why? We have no idea!
9. The Union Jack dress was supposed to be black- Geri said it was boring and the rest is history!
10. Said dress was also just a tea towel. You have to give it to her, that's pretty ballsy.
11. The Spice Girls 'look' was designed to be affordable, that way their fans could dress like them.
12. Victoria once referred to John Major as a 'boring pillock'. Quite!
13. They doorstopped/ stalked the Editor of The Sun to get him to promote their first album.
14. Despite all their success, they never won a Grammy. Makes them more special, we say!
15. At the height of their fame, they had their own deodorant. It was pretty lush.
16. They also wrote and starred in their own movie. 7 Razzies later it is a cult classic.
17. Wannabe was shot in one take. The record company hated it, the girls refused to re-shoot!
18. Geri chose Girl Power as their group mantra as she didn't like the word 'feminism'.
19. Labour were scared the Spice Girls would derail them given their Conservative leanings!
20. They covered American Vogue. The definition of 'made it'.
Photo Credit: Tumblr
Like this post? Hit the heart to save to your profile for later.