Our beloved Sex And The City turned legal this week, celebrating 18 years since its very first episode! First of all, where did the time go and secondly, can you imagine a world without Carrie & co. trailblazing their way through all of life's most embarrassing scenarios?
Girls may have lead the way in the tensies, but when it came to being single in your 30s in the nineties and early noughties, there was only one girl gang we cared about.
Here's 18 life lessons we learned from the 'writer', the 'romantic', the 'realist' and the 'boss' over the years...
1. Make sure to vary your holiday diet. Eating pre-packaged chocolate pudding all week can have DIRE consequences!
2. Don't put a bird in your hair, just on the off chance you get dumped at the alter... and you have a bird stuck in your hair.
3. Do sleep with the man you intend to marry, or prepare to play a lot of golf to compensate.
4. Don't hook up with your ex in Abu Dhabi just because your hubby wants a day off from your marriage. Sounds good, is actually a terrible idea.
5. Never try the home dye option for down there. Remember 'Bozo, the bush'? exactly.
6. If a man is a bad kisser, dump him immediately. Don't do a Charlotte and attempt to coach him, your face won't be able to handle it.
7. Don't pee on a guy just because he asks you to. Standard, really.
8. Spouting abuse at your ex's friend post break-up makes you look like a crazy lady. Yes, even if he did break up with you on a post-it.
9. Do eat raw vegan if it means you get to take the exceptionally hot waiter home with you.
10. Avoid adult braces at all costs- #spinachgate is all we will say. It still haunts us to this day.
11. Eating cake out of the bin is generally a sign of madness- and- that you need to get out more.
12. Always start a greeting with 'Hello, my name is fabulous' because why the hell not?
13. Don't use Lucy Liu to bag you a Birkin. She will find out and she will keep your Birkin as punishment.
14. If you get stood up, don't assume the guy is a total douche. You never know, he could have died. Awks.
15. Turns out you can fart in bed and get away with it... only after the appropriate period of mortification has ended and have changed your name.
16. The Virgin Mary is in no way a replacement for your rabbit. Sorry Magda, we're with Miranda on this one.
17. It's perfectly fine to argue with your boyfriend over his five nearly empty deodorants taking up space in YOUR bathroom.
18. "Long, pink, amazing" has more than one meaning. Thanks Samantha for clearing that up.
Need more of a SATC fix? Watch some of the funniest moments in the video above!
Photo Credit: Pinterest
Video Credit: HBO