LFW is the time to bring out all those pieces in your wardrobe that you don't wear on the daily, and you should definitely let your fashion freak flag fly- because if not at fashion week, then where? Honestly it's more of a faux par to wear something boring then something quirky. But, there are some tips you should bare in mind...
1) 6 inch heels: Unless you can walk in them, in which case kudos/go for it, but if you're not a superhuman then opt for a lower heel. Fashion week involves a lot of queuing, walking around and standing at shows. Oh and uneven pavement. So don't wear brand new heels that will give you blisters and make you hobble like Bambi on ice.
2) Something unfashionable: This should be obvious, because why would you want to attend fashion week if you have no interest in fashion. Flip flops, boot-cut jeans and a white t-shirt won't cut it, plus it will make you stand out more than wearing a multicoloured faux fur coat would.
3) Night out attire: A body con dress, clutch bag and stilettos should be a look reserved for 16 year old girls trying to sneak into their local club underage. Not for LFW.
4) Something you're not comfortable in: Even if you look amazing, if you're not comfortable then it isn't the right look. Doesn't matter how cute that structured crop top is, if you spend the whole day trying to hide your stomach, then you won't enjoy yourself.
5) Something just to get papped in: As mentioned above, it's better to go garish then dull, but it's very obvious when someone is wearing something purely to get photographed in. If you love an OTT look, then it won't seem fake, but it'll be written all over your face if you don't. No one likes an attention seeker.
Photo Credit: Pinterest
Follow us on Instagram HERE for bite size style inspo!