Whether you experience fleeting patches or have endured acne for years, you're likely to have a few battle scars to prove it! Here are a few tips and tricks on how to manage acne and acne scarring...
- The skin is the body's largest organ and therefore it's important to try and treat acne from its source. Scroll through our gallery to view a facial map showing what type of spots pop up where and what issues they're likely a result of.
- It's important to maintain a balanced, healthy diet! Include plenty of fresh vegetables in your daily meals and avoid overdoing it on the junk food front, particularly with food and drinks that are high in sugar such as pop, sweets, chocolate and even fruit juices (always opt for fresh fruit juices with no added sugar).
- DON'T squeeze spots, avoid touching your face for no reason and see what happens when you cool it with the DIY acne treatments. For example, lemon juice helps dry spots but it can also cause irritation and inflammation which may lead to scarring. Depending on the DIY treatment, some individuals have experienced chemical burns.
- Choose a dedicated SPF for your face; Clinique's SPF 35 Targeted Protection Stick and City Block SPF 25 will protect you from sun damage and are suitable for sensitive skin. Additionally, The Body Shop's Aloe Soothing Moisture Lotion SPF 15 and Seaweed Mattifying Moisture Lotion SPF15 boast cooling, anti-inflammatory properties.
- Visibly reducing acne scars without chemical peels, lasers or even subscision takes time and patience, so treat your skin kindly and try over-the-counter treatments like a fading cream. In the meantime, boosting your confidence with gentle corrective make-up never hurts! Just make sure to choose products without harmful additives.
Like this post? Hit the heart to save it to your profile.