Sherlock is back! Well, in a matter of speaking he is. Let me explain...
The delightful Cumberbatch-Freeman partnership remains but gone is the modern day setting in this one off special, instead we'll be seeing the dynamic duo sleuth in Victorian times.
Why? Well, season four has been commissioned but there are no signs of filming commencing anytime soon due to the popularity of the actors, so this little nugget is a treat to us loyal (see-crazy) fans.
Here's five reasons to get excited...
1. This poster: AS IF Benedict Cumberbatch could look any hotter, suddenly here he is in Victorian garb. (Melts.)
2. He's making promises to a lady: Those who know this Sherlock, know how asexual he is and yet in the trailer someone is not happy that he broke his promise. Interesting.
3. It looks camper: This Sherlock seems happy to wear the deerstalker, smoke a pipe and camp it up a hell of a lot more than the usual sarcastic Sherlock we're used to.
4. Watson's moustache: It's back and looking bushier than ever!
5. It's an original story: Billed as a proper gothic horror story, based on a reference from Doyle that was never turned into a story, we're in for a cool New Year treat here!
Photo Credit: BBC
Video Credit: BBC
Like this post? Hit the heart to save to your profile for later.