Like June, September is another peak month for getting hitched in the U.S. Despite 40-50% of married couples divorcing in this country (the divorce rate for subsequent marriages is even higher), America’s wedding industry is now valued at $55 billion.
If you’re sick to death of all the wedding talk that’s been happening around you, it may be time to come out of the Missing Bride Gene Closet. Not sure if that’s quite you? Here are 7 signs you’re missing the bride gene...
1) You think wearing white is lame. You haven’t been a virgin in like, forever, and believe the “innocence of girlhood” dies the moment you get a fake ID.
2) It’s 2am and you and a girlfriend are the last stragglers propping up the bar. The conversation turns to marriage and while the idea may or may not be appealing, you get bored the moment she starts tearing up and regaling you with how she’s always dreamed of what her wedding day would be like.
3) The thought of spending thousands - if not tens of thousands - of dollars on anything other than world travel, upgrading to a better apartment, or even splurging for a new wardrobe makes you queasy.
4) …You also can’t stomach the idea of standing up in front of everybody and making a public declaration of love to your significant other for everyone to ohh and ahh at.
5) Elopement seems preferable to evolving from "blushing bride" to full on bridezilla.
6) You cling to the hope that surely, SURELY the biggest or most significant moment in a woman’s life isn’t necessarily the day she gets married, right?
7) You’re constantly reminding everyone it’s 2016 and that there are plenty of happy couples who’ve spent decades together without having a wedding or even getting married.
Still not sure if you really are missing the bride gene? Watch the above scenes from Sex and the City (2008) to compare which character you're most likely to react like when your BFF says she's engaged!
Photo Credit: Pinterest
Video Credit: sokendas
Like this post? Hit the heart to save it to your profile.