Flat boots can look amazing with the right styling, and have the added benefit of being super-comfortable.
If you’re struggling to style your flat boots, we’ve come up with some tips and tricks that might help:
1. Pair flat ankle boots with a flowing, feminine dress that ends a few inches above the boots. Not only does this elongate your body, the boots add a rock edge which prevents the outfit looking too feminine.
2. Over-the-knee boots are perfect for dressing up a casual weekend outfit, whether you’re wearing it with skinny jeans or a skirt-and-tights combo.
3. Team an ankle boot with a midi skirt and tucked-in blouse for the office - make sure the boot hugs you all the way up your ankle for the most flattering look.
4. Lace-up boots can be dressed up or down depending on your styling. Dress it up with a skater dress and leather jacket, or dress it down with harem joggers, tank top and hoodie.
5. Boots that end mid-calf look great when paired with leather shorts and tights. Match your shorts and tights to your boots, and you can get more colourful for your top half.
6. Opt for a coloured boot - we love khaki and navy styles - and match your boot to your jacket, coat or blazer to achieve a cohesive look. Choose neutral colours such as black, white and nude for the rest of your outfit.
7. An alternative is to match your boots to your hat or beanie, while going colourful for the rest of your outfit. We love the combination of rust-coloured boots and matching headwear paired with a bright red jacket and dark blue jeans.
8. Skinny jeans and leggings are perfect for ankle boots - just make sure to tuck your jeans into the boots to really show them off. This look is perfect for boots with buckles and chains.
9. Add length to a high ankle boot by pairing it with a mini-skirt and a jacket that ends just below the skirt. A full-skirt midi is also a great option, particularly for chunkier boots. Feel free to add a colourful pair of tights for that extra touch.
10. Roll the hem of your skinny jeans or slim-fit jeans for a cute look that goes well with booties and highlights the skinniest part of your leg.