If you’re hosting Christmas this year and wondering how you can pull it off, this is the post for you. Our tips below are designed to help you save time, reduce stress and become more organised so you can be the quintessential host.
1. Make a checklist of everything you need to do, so you can stay organised.
2. Plan ahead. Do as much as you can ahead of time, including buying decorations, making party favours, ordering your turkey, and pre-cooking as many sides as possible.
3. Make a list of guests and ensure there are enough chairs, cutlery and party favours for them.
4. Create a simple menu. Doing this in advance helps keep you organised so you don’t forget any important ingredients or side dishes. Make sure to check with your guests for any food allergies or restrictions. Try to choose desserts that can be made the night before.
5. Stock up on essentials (excluding fresh food) such as candles, napkins and drinks, as well as party treats and snacks.
6. Consider setting up a self-serve area for drinks. Provide a variety of options for your guests so they can mix and match to their tastes.
7. Divide up chores so everyone in the household has something to contribute. Getting everyone involved should make the experience more fun for everyone, and it frees up your time for other tasks.
On the day:
1. Mingle: Make sure each guest is made to feel welcome by spending at least few minutes talking to them.
2. Food: Let the guests know what they’re eating, and make sure each guest has enough food before tucking into yours.
3. Relax: Once the food is served, try to remember to relax so you can enjoy the time with your friends and family.