If you’re hosting the dinner party for New Years Eve this year, this is the post for you!
We’ve compiled six tips that should help you figure out how to host your dinner party without all the stress and anxiety that hosting (or hostessing) can bring.
From creating menus to decorating your home, it helps to plan ahead if you’re aiming to host a dinner party your lucky guests will remember.
Our six top tips for hosting the perfect dinner party with minimal stress are:
1. Plan ahead: Do as much as you can beforehand, including buying and putting up decorations (read: home decor items), creating a menu, creating place cards if you have a big party arriving, and making as many dishes in advance as possible.
2. Create your menu: Make sure you’ve asked your guests if they have any dietary requirements/restrictions. When it comes to creating your menu, it’s best to stick with what you know or are reasonably confident you can make. To make it easier to choose dishes, pick a theme such as Italian or Mexican food.
3. Pick background music: If you know your guests’ tastes, try to tailor your music playlist to reflect this. If all else fails, opt for something instrumental and keep it at a low volume.
4. Stock up on essentials: Things like party snacks, napkins, drinks and ice can all run out quicker than you might expect. To avoid having to duck out in the middle of your dinner party, make sure your cupboard is well-stocked with these essentials.
5. Create a table centrepiece: A table centrepiece can really make your dinner party feel special. Candles and vases are great options that don’t take up much space. If your table is on the small side, choosing a pretty runner can be enough for that special touch.
: Don’t let serving or making food take up all your time. Plan your cooking and serving so that you have the time to sit down and enjoy the meal with your guests. When the meal is over, spend time mingling with your guests (rather than worrying about topping up everyone’s drinks or stopping your guests from experimenting with your playlist).
Photo Credit: Pinterest