If you’re hosting Christmas this year, there are several simple ways you can make sure your home looks festive, welcoming and homely.
Our top tips on decorating your house for Christmas include:
1. Encourage the Christmas spirit in your neighbours with a beautiful, natural-looking wreath placed on your front door. We love the look of Trouva’s Mistletoe Wreath.
2. Wow your guests as soon as they come into the house with faux garlands, festive family portraits and Chrismassy tealight holders and bowls of potpourri across your hallway.
3. Use nature as inspiration with faux flowers and decorative twigs. It might be worth taking a quick trip to the park to gather some acorns and to the market to buy some colourful winter squash for display.
4. Make your dinner table pop with red, gold and yellow napkins and place settings. Matching crackers placed on the other side of the plate can help tie everything together.
5. Last but not least, the Christmas tree! Deciding on a colour scheme beforehand can help ensure your tree looks as uniform as possible. If you don’t mind how your tree might end up looking, you could always let your guests decorate it when they arrive! Why not ask each guest to bring a special memento from home to hang on the tree?
Photo Credit: Pinterest