False eyelashes, they look amazing when applied correctly, but can often create a lot of problems if not. Some of the problems many encounter include: Not getting the lashes close enough to the natural lash line, the lashes being too big for the lid or them not staying put for any significant amount of time. We've all come back from a night out and found a stray eyelash on our cheek. Right?! No, ok, just me...
Here's out tips on how to apply false eyelashes like a pro...
1. Hold the packet so it's under your nose with the lashes facing outwards, this will show you which is for the left eye and which is for the right eye. Often they are handily marked L and R, but sometime brands like to make it difficult for us.
2. Peel the lashes away from the packet, from the outer corner (never the inner). Use tweezers to ensure that the lashes don't break, and then rest them back in the box.
3.Hold the lashes up to your eye, whilst looking in a mirror, and measure them up. Mark on the lash where it should end in order to match your eye length (i.e 2 lashes inwards). Trim the lashes, but remember to do it from the outer edge not the inner. Cut them in the gaps not through the lashes.
4. Applying the glue, can sometimes be a messy job. So here's how to do it properly- dot a thin layer of glue straight from the glue applicator along the vein of the lash. Do it from corner to corner, and then wait 20 seconds for the adhesive to go tacky (not dry).
5. This is when you put them on. Ahh the tension. Look down, then press the strip of lashes down- first press in the centre, then move towards the outer edge, and then finally press the inner corner in place.
6. Squeeze the strip down with tweezers so it is directly on your natural lash line and lashes, you don't want a gap of skin that gives it away that you're wearing falsies.
Taa-daaah, perfect lashes in a matter of minuets!
Video Credit: Pixiwoo
Like this post? Hit the heart to save it to your profile