Whether you’re super busy with work/having a life or are simply hopeless when it comes to interior decorating, look no further than Bertie Brande’s tips on how to fake a grown up flat.
Her tips, which we’ve outlined below, will help make sure your guests never guess just how little effort went into making your home look more-than-passably-nice.
1. Make your bed: If your bed sometimes doubles as a desk/bin, it’s time to clear out all the clutter and make your bed! It’s usually one of the biggest things in your room, which means making your bed can make a big impact on the overall look of the room.
2. Candles: Place candles (with or without holder) in every room of your flat and keep them lit when you have guests around. Opt for scented candles for that extra touch.
3. Frames: Buy some inexpensive frames you can dot around your house and transfer any wall art you currently have into the frames for a more sophisticated way of displaying your memories.
4. Stock up on grown-up food: You can’t go wrong with Bertie’s suggestions of Parmesan cheese and good wine to serve your guests. For daily meals, we also recommend stocking up on risotto rice, basmati rice and pasta, as well as a selection of smoked fish (such as salmon or mackerel). Top up with fresh veggies or salad for dinner.
5. Hide your smoking: Keep your cigarettes, lighters and ashtrays out of sight as much as possible by putting all this paraphernalia in a box. This also makes sure everything is in one place.
6. Room spray: Alongside Febreeze and air freshener, using room spray will help make your flat smell as nice as possible.
7. Get a plant
: Invest in a low-maintenance plant to instantly elevate the look of your home. We recommend spider plants, ferns and dracaena, lily plants, aloe and a few cacti.
Photo Credit: Pinterest
Like this post? Hit the heart to save to your profile for later