1. Don't do granny pants. Unless you have the charm of Bridget Jones, which i'm guessing you don't, leave them untouched in your draw for about 50 years. They're not cute and they're not sexy - but they do show MAJOR VPL.
2. Do throw him a compliment or two. A major misconception is that this makes you look desperate. Wrong! It makes you look confident & interested!
3. Don't check your phone. There's nothing more annoying and rude than sitting on your phone on a date; it makes you look ignorant and totally boring. Zzzzzzzzz...
4. Do at least offer to pay your half of the bill. Before you start raising those fleek eyebrows of yours, we said OFFER - not insist. By offering, you look independent and non golddigger-ish (is that a word?!). Insisting may make him feel 'Less of a man'.
5. Don't talk about yourself the whole time. Unless you have stories as crazy as Johnny Depp saving a Kangeroo from punching a T-rex, obvs. No-one wants to know everything right away, leave a bit of mystery for the next date! Keep him guessing.
6. Do give him eye contact. This is actually where the attraction starts! A scientific experiment once proved that two people can fall in love by sitting opposite each other and rapidly revealing 20 facts about themselves, before staring into each other eyes for 4 minutes. 70% of those who took part 'fell in love' and 40% of those duos actually got married!
7. Don't go to the cinema on a first date. Not even the back row will save you in this one! You spend the whole time in darkness with no eye contact and no conversation. What a way to start a fairy tale...not.
8. Do be positive. He doesn't want to hear that your goldfish died choking on a piece of seaweed and he certainly doesn't want to hear about all your past relationship problems...best save that for Ben & Jerry.
9. Don't turn up looking like you're a contestant in RuPaul's Drag Race. Yeah we love RuPaul BUT come on; a nice dewy semi-natural look is perfect for a date. You want to show off your best self and not your best contour.
10. Do be genuine! Be yourself, if you're high maintenance, that's totes fine - but let him know what he's letting himself in for! If you're a bit dorky, own it! If you are shy don't worry about it, put it all out there, there's nothing worse than someone who is a completely different person after they've 'got you'.
Ps. Footsy isn't cute, it's just a bit creepy.
So now we've set you on the straight & narrow. We give you our best first date picks for the top 3 occasions...
Photo Credit: Instagram
Like this post? Hit the heart to save it to your profile for later.