If no amount of hair masks, leave-in conditioners or DIY-egg-treatments are working to revive your dry, damaged and brittle hair, it might be time to reassess how you style and care for your hair before accepting you'll look like a one-hit glam rocker.
Try changing up these six things that you might be doing wrong:
1. Heat styling too often -
Over-styling on high heat can quickly damage your hair. Wind it down to low or medium-low heat and always use heat protectants.
2. Using an old hair dryer -
Using an old hair dryer or not cleaning out the air vents can clog up your hair dryer, making it work less effectively, and making you use more heat to achieve your hair style.
3. Not using UV protectant - Don’t forget your hair when it comes to sun protection - look for hair products with UV protection built in or find a hair sunscreen.
4. Using heat for every style - Give your hair a rest from heat by using heatless options to create your desired hair style - leaving your hair in braids overnight creates beautiful curls and waves.
5. Using the wrong products -
Harsh chemicals such as alcohol or sulfates can strip your hair of its natural moisture. Instead, go for sulfate-free formulas and use coconut or jojoba oil products.
6. You don’t change it up - Wearing your hair in the same way every day can cause your hair strands to weaken, particularly at your parting or where your hair is most stretched. Switch it up to help keep your hair strong.
Like this post? Hit the heart to save to your post for later