1. Beer on your hair: Who knew beer had such amazing beauty benefits! Due to the vitamin B and natural sugars it contains, dousing your hair with a can will add volume and shine.
2. Rose petal lipstick: If your fave lipstick ever runs out, this is a brilliant trick. Our classic beauties mushed petals together with Vaseline in a bowl and then applied the petal to their lips for 5 minutes to create a lasting stain.
3. Perfume on your hair brush: Back in the early 1900s, women would reportedly spritz their hair brushes with their favourite fragrance so that every time they flicked their hair, they'd smell amazing.
4. Combing your lashes with safety pins: We're not 100% convinced by this one, because, HOW dangerous?! But did you know that Audrey Hepburn's make-up artist reportedly used this technique on her lashes to separate each lash for the perfect flutter?
5. Baby powder in your roots: Forget dry shampoo, the old school way of reviving lank locks was to apply baby powder to your roots and rub it into your hair to create a high volume look.
6. Mint leaves on dark circles: Silver screen sirens Rita Hayworth and Sophia Loren were said to be big fans of this nifty trick. Press crushed mint leaves under your eyes to instantly look more awake.
7. Ice water as toner: This is a great budget buy - simply splash your face with ice cold water to seal your pores, just like actress Joan Crawford used to do back in her heyday.
8. Coconut oil on your face: Mae West apparently swore by coconut oil back in the day, using it on her face to keep her skin hydrated and gorgeous.
Photo Credit: Look Magazine
Like this post? Make sure you follow @Look-magazine on Shopcade!