Slogging away on an elliptical machine aimlessly can leave one bored and worst of all, unmotivated. So how do you keep up the initial momentum of wanting to get fit and later on, STAY fit? Check out 5 of the best fitness apps available for iOS and Android below for ways to manage and vary your workouts!
1) Sweat with Kayla: Given the success of Kayla Itsines' life-changing BBG (Bikini Body Guide), Sweat is an obvious choice for exercise newbies and veterans. You'll get 28 minute workouts, a guide to healthy eating and best of all, the global BBG community is one of great fun and encouragement!
2) Nike Training Club: Used by fashion influencers such as Andy Torres of Stylescrapbook, Nike Training Club features workouts by celebrity trainers and athletes you can do at home or in the gym.
3) Fitbit: Feel like you've nailed your daily and weekly workouts? Download Fitbit's companion app to optimise your efforts!
4) MyFitnessPal: You can work out all you want but you won't get the best possible results if you're not putting the right fuel into your body! MyFitnessPal is literally THE food journal and calorie counter app on everyone's lips.
5) Zombies, Run!: Trying to make a fun game out of going for a run may seem like a really lame idea but trust us when we say it's efficient as hell. With the sounds of the undead in your ear as you work those legs, nothing can motivate a person to keep moving more. Unless perhaps you replace the zombie sounds with a voicemail from your ex...
Video Credit: Kayla Itsines
Like this post? Hit the heart to save to your profile for later.